Saturday, March 20, 2010

This week's entry brought to you in part by... Girl Scout Cookies. Sanity in a box.

--Journal Week 5--

Welcome back. So we're getting closer to the presentation date and I've been putting together a rough plan of how we're going to go about teaching all of this information. And if we've got three periods to teach it, we had better be thorough. Here's my thoughts:

1st Period - Actually teaching. We'll present a PowerPoint on the essential information of black holes. To make sure my classmates understand these notes, they're going to take them on their own. I learned in my Psychology class that the best way to ensure students retain the information is if it's organized and they copy it down for themselves. They'll be given a one to two page outline and reminded that the notes taken then will be used for the quiz the day after.

2nd Period - applying the concept time! Bendi and I are going to construct a lab for the students to perform, which will hopefully reinforce the theories and general ideas behind black holes. Some of this theorization may also be used on the quiz.

3rd Period - quiz. I'm not thinking it will take very long. One page, front and back I'm assuming. Just a general assessment of what they took away from this lesson. And hopefully there will be more incentive to take more detailed notes if there's the indirect result of grades at the other end.

But that's how I'm seeing this presentation going, roughly. I imagine it'll run pretty smooth once we get the little details worked out. Any questions or concerns, I'm always available in the comment box. ;]

Until Next Time,
Moogie le Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment